Join the team
We’re looking for a motivated, hardworking and experienced Veterinary Surgeon with a passion for animal welfare, in particular the welfare of the millions of stray dogs and cats living on the streets of Thailand.
A small team with big plans
Jai Dog Rescue’s mission is to transform the lives of street dogs in Thailand. No matter how disadvantaged their start in life, we’re dedicated to a future in which every dog can experience health and happiness. We achieve this through a holistic rescue and treatment plan of work which spans sterilisation & vaccination, emergency rescue & rehabilitation, community outreach, adoptions and shelter here on The Farm.
Having secured significant funding to expand our sterilisation efforts, we now present a hugely exciting opportunity to join the charity at a time of major growth. The role outlined below will be at the forefront of planning and executing a wide-reaching, fast-growing and truly impactful CNVR campaign that will bring about real and lasting results. With a goal to scale significantly over the course of 5 years, we aim to sterilise 77,000 dogs in the Nakhon Nayok area, building a network of Veterinary teams and establishing a boiler-plate mobile CNVR model that will allow us to reach those animals and communities in greatest need.
We’re looking for a full time Veterinary Surgeon to be the lead for our CNVR projects, which aim to transform the lives of street dogs in Thailand by reducing the population and keeping them disease-free through our regular (free) clinics.
You’ll work a 5 day week a based at Jai Dog Rescue’s CNVR clinic and shelter in Nakhon Nayok plus other mobile locations as required. The exact working schedule will be negotiated and agreed with the successful candidate.
You must be confident and comfortable performing multiple Spey and Neuter surgeries back to back, however further training and support is provided to enable a high number of operations to be performed.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to travel to the UK to exchange knowledge and skills with our partner charity, as well as continuing opportunities for clinical progression both nationally and internationally with our partner organisations Battersea Dogs Home (UK), Worlwide Veterinary Services (Chaing Mai) and SNIP Clinic (Bangkok)
The main focus of this role will be performing canine and feline spay and neuter surgery. You will be supported by a full team including a team leader, two assistants and a dog catcher.
You will also use your expertise helping with the welfare and clinical needs of the rescued street dogs at the shelter, providing primary care such as administering medications, vaccinations and dressings etc. Cases that need further investigation have the support of the local veterinary clinic in Nakhon Nayok for further investigations and treatment.
- Perform safe, sterile and humane sterilisations on male and female free-roaming dogs and cats.
- Ensure you are working to the highest possible veterinary standards.
- Observe, analyse and solve problems at the clinics.
- Perform ancillary soft tissue procedures, treat sick and injured dogs and cats as and when the need arises.
- Manage emergencies and post-op complication cases as they present to the clinic.
- Perform animal euthanasia and terminate pregnancies when warranted.
- Be available to help as needed, even with tasks that are outside of the job description.
- Monitor & manage the welfare of the rescued street dogs living at the shelter
Skills & Qualifications
- Thai nationality only.
- Must have a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree and valid license to practice veterinary medicine in Thailand.
- Driving license essential and own vehicle preferred.
- Must be willing to train in high-volume, high-quality spay & neuter surgery.
- Passionate about animal welfare and willing to learn.
- Good communication skills, including English and must work well with a diverse staff.
You will also be asked to assist with preparing and signing paperwork necessary to facilitate overseas adoptions, including vaccine records, rabies titer testing, microchip certificates and any other required documentation.
Salary & Benefits
- Full time position
- 3 months initial probation.
- Salary + Benefits ฿40,000 – ฿50,000 per month, depending on experience.
- Comfortable onsite accommodation in large house.
- Travel/fuel allowance.
- 16 days paid annual leave (inclusive of Thai National Holidays).
- Annual salary review.
- Annual discretionary bonus.
- Social Security 50% contribution.
- Further development of clinical skills/clinical progression with our UK Partner.
- Annual exchange trip with our UK Partner.
How to apply
Please send your CV together with a covering letter, in English, detailing why you think you are appropriate for this role.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch using the contact form below.
Get in touch
We’re always happy to help applicants in any way we can. For more information or for any questions you might have, use the form below to contact the team directly.
"*" indicates required fields