CNVR Clinic Manager
Join the team
We’re now looking for a motivated, hardworking individual with a love of dogs and excellent communication and leadership skills to join our team as CNVR Clinic manager with a passion for animal welfare, in particular the welfare of the millions of stray dogs and cats living on the streets of Thailand.
A small team with big plans
Jai Dog Rescue’s mission is to transform the lives of street dogs in Thailand. No matter how disadvantaged their start in life, we’re dedicated to a future in which every dog can experience health and happiness. We achieve this through a holistic rescue and treatment plan of work which spans sterilisation & vaccination, emergency rescue & rehabilitation, community outreach, adoptions and shelter here on The Farm.
Having secured significant funding to expand our sterilisation efforts, we now present a hugely exciting opportunity to join the charity at a time of major growth. The role outlined below will be at the forefront of planning and executing a wide-reaching, fast-growing and truly impactful CNVR campaign that will bring about real and lasting results. With a goal to scale significantly over the course of 5 years, we aim to sterilise 77,000 dogs in the Nakhon Nayok area, building a network of Veterinary teams and establishing a boiler-plate mobile CNVR model that will allow us to reach those animals and communities in greatest need.
We’re now looking for a motivated, hardworking individual with a love of dogs and excellent communication and leadership skills to join our team as CNVR Clinic manager. You will manage a team of veterinary surgeons, vet nurses, dog catchers and other team members running a fast-paced mobile CNVR clinic here in Nakon Nayok, treating around 25-30 dogs daily. Mobile clinics will be setup at various locations such as local municipalities, schools, gymnasiums and temple courtyards.
You will be responsible for all aspects of managing the clinic and the team including day-to-day operations, bookings and scheduling, population surveys, reporting and equipment & stock management.
Normal working hours will be 7.30am – 5.30pm with a one-hour lunch break, 5 days per week. Good timekeeping is essential.
You will also use your expertise helping with the welfare and clinical needs of the rescued street dogs at the shelter, providing primary care such as administering medications, vaccinations and dressings etc. Cases that need further investigation have the support of the local veterinary clinic in Nakhon Nayok for further investigations and treatment.
- Manage and support vet surgeons + full team to ensure smooth operation of the clinic
- Manage population surveys and input data via online app
- Work with local municipality to arrange suitable locations for mobile clinic setup
- Coordinate daily bookings schedule incl. communication with local feeders / owners
- Manage dog catching team to organise catching, pick-ups, drops offs of dogs
- Collect and record daily clinic data via online app
- Assist with recruiting and training new team members
- Carry out weekly stock checks and order new stock and equipment as necessary
- Manage any problems and escalate to the Project Manager when necessary
- Work as part of a team
- Act as the community liaison for Jai Dog Rescue and promote our activity locally
- Prepare reports and presentations when necessary
Skills & Qualifications
- Education to Batchelors degree or higher
- A valid driving license
- Experience in a surgical or clinical environment preferred, but not essential
- Excellent organisation and leadership skills.
- Good communication skills, including English and must work well with a diverse staff.
- Hard working, self-motivated with an excellent work ethic.
- Passionate about animal welfare.
- Competent use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or equivalent
Salary & Benefits
- Full time position, start date January 1st 2023
- 3 months initial probation
- Attractive and competitive salary TBD (depending on experience)
- 7 days paid annual leave + all important national holidays in Thailand (avergae 13 days)
- Annual salary review
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Social Security 50% contribution.
How to apply
Please send your CV together with a covering letter, in English, detailing why you think you are appropriate for this role.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch using the contact form below.
Get in touch
We’re always happy to help applicants in any way we can. For more information or for any questions you might have, use the form below to contact the team directly.
"*" indicates required fields